Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Crazy much?

So, I see from my last post that it has been about 3 1/2 months since I last wrote. I could have swore that was just yesterday. Well, things did in fact get a little crazy. I do regret having not written these past months. The University's semester is almost over and do you know what? I have had a great first semester. I haven't come home crying once! I haven't felt too overwhelmed. I haven't felt like low person on the totem pole. I feel really good, happy, like my life has purpose and meaning again. Sometimes I'll be at Mass and I'll look around at all the faces of these people who I have come to know. The students who thought they were dating the love of their life and then broke up, or who came crying to me when they were failing a class and thought they should switch majors. Or the young man who's father died this summer. Or the young couples with their new babies. I am part of something really good. And I feel so blessed to be a part of it. Is it perfect? No way! Hast the dysfunction of out little office family gone away? Nope! Although it does seem to be getting better. So yeah. I miss I would have written about this transformation. I am in fact crazy busy and don't have a ton of time to write but I feel that it is important to do this in the good times, not just when my soul is suffering.
On a personal note I am not pregnant yet. So, that hasn't even been and issue at work. It is definitely journey, trying to get pregnant but I am trying to put it in God's hands. Even my husband who is not particularly religious said, (in response to me using outside devices to determine fertility) "No, trust yourself and if God wants us to have a baby we will." And so we try and we wait. And that is where I am.
I am definitely looking forward to having a long time off. It's Thanksgiving tomorrow and I'm off Friday through Monday so it will be nice. Then we're on for 2 1/2 weeks and the semester is over. Time has flow so fast!

2 comments:

Kimbrel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimbrel said...

It's these good times in our ministry, when we are "high on the Spirit" and feel as though we are definitly doing what we are called to do.. it's these times that give us grounding and endurance when the "bad times" come back to bite us in the butt. So keep writing.. not only to see the transformation, but also to remind yourself of these highs. Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving! God is so good!