Friday, February 20, 2009

So much time has passed

Well! It's been a while hasn't it? I feel like so much has happened since I last wrote. I had intentions of writing many times but just didn't do it. There were several reasons for this. For one I was in a really bad space for awhile. The last time I wrote I was in the midst of some busy times. With in that week I found out that I was not pregnant, again, my husband, who is only 36, finnally went in for a check up and found out he has high blood pressure, high glucose, and high cholesterol, and Brian (said husband) got demoted from his position at work! Not to mention I had so much going on at my work. Things have gotten better since then. In fact Brian getting demoted was a really good thing. He is a lot less stressed, happier, and even a more helpful husband. I have had to work every night this week and have come home to clean dishes and a dog that has been walked or thoroughly exhausted from playing. We still don't know how it will affect us financially but in reality money isn't everything.
We didn't really actively "try" to conceive this month just because it was so busy and stressful. Not to mentions should a child be conceived this month is would be born during the "holiest" season of all..... deer hunting! There is still always that chance that God does want us to have a child now but I guess we'll just have to wait and see
In my work things have also gotten better, not less busy by no means but definitely more meaningful. I had one night with my high school kids where we talked about how we show mercy and justice to those in need. This topic is very near and dear to my heart so when it wasn't received well (in my own words the kids were really squirly that night) I was disappointed. However, after the meeting was over a 9th grader came up to me and asked if we could do a mission trip (this is the second time she's asked) rather than squelch the ideas, which was my first inclination, I thought about it for awhile. Why not call a meeting to discuss this possibility? Who knows maybe there are others out there who want to do this? I do know that I need the parents support on this and have emphasized that in my promotion of this event. So we shall see, the meeting is next Wednesday. In Campus Ministry we just finished our busy student retreat. I feel that it went really well. I was in charge of planning and implementing the evening prayer. This is not one of my strong suits so I enlisted the help of our music minister. She was wonderful! I'm trying not to get discouraged because my Campus Ministry boss hasn't said a thing, good or bad about the prayer. In my warped mind I think he didn't like it. I don't know why I just do. I'm probably wrong and should ignore these feelings. The young people gave me really positive feed back and some constructive criticism too.
So, all is well. I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. Maybe I'll go ice fishing with Brian. I guess that is all for now!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Im sorry you went through a rough spot for awhile but am glad things are looking up!