Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm back and with the new title of....

INFERTILE! Yes, that's right. AF came along just as expected right in the middle of the mission trip. It marked the end of our 12th cycle "trying" and thus giving us the official title of infertile. Fortunately I didn't really have a lot of time to think about it. I was actually kind of glad. Two days before AF came we painted a basement with a special paint that helped to seal the foundation. The smell was really strong and I kept thinking, "If I am pregnant this is NOT good!" Our trip went really well, we did some awesome work. But, I was reminded that cute little babies grow up into teenagers! No one should have 5 in one house at the same time, I was ready for that glass of wine when I returned. I haven't been too sad about my new label except for yesterday when I volunteered at the Salvation Army and saw 3 very young, poor women who were pregnant and thought, "Why them?" DH and I haven't even talked about it. I think we'll give this cycle a try and maybe move on from there. He did mention to me that he is going to switch to non-alcoholic beer during the week (he usually has one or two beers when he comes home from work). I'm not sure if he thinks this will help or if he's trying to lose weight or what. Right now I am focusing on eating better (ate a lot of crap on the trip) and getting back into my exercise routine. We have a lot of mini trips planned for the rest of the summer so I am looking forward to that. Other than that things should start picking up a little at work as we anticipate the start of school. That's all I have for now! I need to get caught up on all your blogs!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry AF showed up, but glad that you were pre-ocuppied enough not to let it ruin your trip.