Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's "O" time!

Just thought that was a catchy title. Yep! According to all the signs and my OPK I am Oing today. My temps have been really weird this cycle. They were really low for me. Yesterday I got a positive OPK but this morning my temp was above the cover line but not has high as it normally is after O. Not really sure what the heck is going on. The only thing I can attribute it to is that I didn't take Evening Primrose Oil for the first two weeks of my cycle. I took it for part of it but then ran out and just didn't buy any. I definitely noticed difference in my CF. So we BDed Tuesday and will today and I guess that's it. I feel like I didn't do as much to "try" and get pregnant this cycle. Wouldn't be a kicker if it worked?
I am working on a final project for my Masters program which involves writing up a brief history of the organization you work for. I found this old yearbook type publication that our church did in 1989. It was a hoot to look through! I am impressed with how many people are still members here. The priest at the time looked AWESOME! He was only 33 (that is really young for a priest in case you didn't know). He looked like a total hippie. He had a cool 70's mustache and long hair. I asked someone if they knew if he was still a priest and they said "no." See, I think that's my problem. I'm in love with the "old Catholic Church." It's a long explanation but after Vatican II (mid 1960's) the Church changed a lot of things. Of course since it was the 60's some people took it to extremes and the Church got seemingly liberal but really it was just a reflection of the current culture. I grew up during the 80's and 90's where some of that was still left over. With in the last 20 years there has been a movement to return to more traditional Church values. It just kind of drives me crazy. Okay, enough of the Church history lesson.
DH doesn't have to work tomorrow. We are celebration my niece's 7th birthday. I can't believe she's going to be 7! Shortly after I met Brian's brother and sister-in-law they announced that they were pregnant. So I've known her since before she was born. She's my little buddy! We are also going to this annual Karaoke party at out friend's house. I remember attending this party last year and my dear husband announced to our friends that we were trying to have a kid. I honestly thought we would be bringing a little one to the party this year and maybe not even going or possibly being extremely pregnant. Ha! Funny how things don't work out. I am not planning on drinking that much at the part because a. I could be pregnant, b. someone has to drive us home, c. I am probably going to run a 5K on Sat. morning d. I DO NOT need the calories! I am a pretty healthy person but in the last 2 weeks I've gained 4lbs! Okay, so I'm sure that when I "weighed in" that wasn't an actual weight gain of 4lbs since the last time I weighed in but more a combination of water weight and an extremely bad weekend of eating with friends. Last summer I gained about 8lbs and I WILL NOT let that happen again (unless I'm pregnant of course!). Even though I exercise a lot I need to watch what I eat. I think the extreme exercising gives me permission (in my mind) to eat more (or rather eat crap) but that is just not how my body works. I had a really healthy day yesterday, and so far so good today. I actually feel better. I plan on eating at both the parties I go to tomorrow but not over eating and trying eat the healthy options if there are any. If I am pregnant I want to be in the best health possible!
Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!

No comments: