Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Avoidance

Lat night we got back from a four day trip to see my sister-in-law, her husband, and my two nephews, one who was born just 2 1/2 months ago. It was a great trip. Of course on the way there AF showed up. I was really okay with it, I was too busy playing with my nephews to notice. I haven't been around a baby for a long period of time and boy! Do they look like a lot of work! Not that I'm not ready for that, it just put things in perspective. Tonight I was invited for "girls night" with some friends. Even though I love these gals and haven't seen most of them for a long time I lied and told them I was busy. I did this for a few reasons. For one we got back late last night, I'm behind on cleaning, laundry, and groceries and I just want a night at home. For another reason we ate like crap for four days and I just didn't want another meal out. Plus our anniversary is tomorrow and we are going out for that. Finally I didn't want to go because before AF even came I decided if it turned out I wasn't pregnant I just couldn't sit through a whole night of them talking about their kids. This is what happened last time and I was really bored. I also thought if AF wasn't there it would be hard to explain why I wasn't drinking. I feel kind of bad about this but not really because I know myself and I know what I need when I need it. So yeah, back to life...it's getting busy at work!

No comments: