Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Conversation Part 2

So, after letting yesterday’s conversation roll around in my head all last night I had a thought. I was trying to go to sleep when all the things I should have said were popping through my mind. Then why don’t you just say them?! Was my final thought before finally falling asleep? I slept well but when I woke up remembered that there was something important I ought to do today. I considered my decision throughout the morning as I worked out and walked dog. When I arrived at my office I was boldly going to approach my boss, but found his office to be closed. So I shot off and email asking to meet with him. Within the hour he responded and we met. And do you know what? I felt so much better! I told him how yesterday's conversation took me by surprise because for the past few months I was happy and I had tried to set my troubles aside. I said that sometimes I feel inferior or subordinate to him, especially when he questions something I do. I also admitted that I need to stop interpreting what and how he says things to me and if I am bothered by it to ask for clarification. I don't know if he got it but at least I said it. I need to stop seeing this man as a weirdo, or an old guy. It is not that I don’t respect him. It’s just that for the longest time I have had myself convinced that we are just two very different people and we just don’t get along. After reading my entry and the email I sent to a friend I realized again that this is not true. We are much more similar than I think either one of us realizes. I really do want to get along with him. I guess it is just going to take a little more effort on my part.
Other than that things are pretty slow and boring around here. I don’t really have any programming coming up that I need to plan for so pretty much all day I dinked around on the internet, watched last night’s Frontline which was very interesting and talked about the youth of today and their connection (obsession) with the internet, read a little… that’s about it. Tonight is the last official night of Youth Ministry for the school year. We’re going bowling. Last year this was really fun so I’m looking forward to it. I wonder what I’ll do next week??????

No comments: